Normal Sinus Rhythm ECG Interpretation
- Also known as Sinus Rhythm is the only rhythm when each of the five steps of rhythm analysis are “normal”.
- All other rhythms you will analyze will have at least one of the 5-steps presenting an abnormality.
- This rhythm will be regular, in a heart rate range between 60 – 100 bpm, P waves are upright and uniform in appearance (in Lead II), with a P wave for each QRS complex, the PR interval will measure in the normal range of 0.12 – 0.20 second (and measure the same each time), and the QRS complex morphology will be similar beat-to-beat and measure between 0.06 – 0.10 second (and measure the same each time).
Analyze this tracing.
- Rhythm: Regular
- Rate: 75 (20 small boxes)
- P wave: Upright & uniform
- PR interval: 0.16 second
- QRS: 0.08 second
- Normal Sinus Rhythm
Authors and Sources
Authors and Reviewers
- ECG heart rhythm modules: Thomas O'Brien.
- ECG monitor simulation developer: Steve Collmann
12 Lead Course: Dr. Michael Mazzini, MD.
- Spanish language ECG: Breena R. Taira, MD, MPH
- Medical review: Dr. Jonathan Keroes, MD
- Medical review: Dr. Pedro Azevedo, MD, Cardiology
- Last Update: 11/8/2021
Electrocardiography for Healthcare Professionals, 5th Edition
Kathryn Booth and Thomas O'Brien
ISBN10: 1260064778, ISBN13: 9781260064773
McGraw Hill, 2019
Rapid Interpretation of EKG's, Sixth Edition
Cover Publishing Company
12 Lead EKG for Nurses: Simple Steps to Interpret Rhythms, Arrhythmias, Blocks, Hypertrophy, Infarcts, & Cardiac Drugs
Create Space Independent Publishing
Heart Sounds and Murmurs: A Practical Guide with Audio CD-ROM 3rd Edition
Elsevier-Health Sciences Division
Barbara A. Erickson, PhD, RN, CCRN
The Virtual Cardiac Patient: A Multimedia Guide to Heart Sounds, Murmurs, EKG
Jonathan Keroes, David Lieberman
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkin)
ISBN-10: 0781784425; ISBN-13: 978-0781784429
- Project Semilla, UCLA Emergency Medicine, EKG Training Breena R. Taira, MD, MPH